REV. FR. DR. GERALD WAMALA
Rev Fr Dr. Gerald Wamala is a highly self-motivated, development worker and theologian with 15 Years of Experience working in humanitarian development and interfaith work.
He is experienced in program development, administration, management, monitoring, and evaluation. with good interpersonal skills, good report writing skills, projects planning, design, and implementation.
Rev. Fr. Dr. Gerald Wamala meeting persons with disabilities at NKULUZE VILLAGE, BAMUNANIKA Sub-County Luwero District where he handed over a new wheel chair to Mr Bogere
Major achievements of Rev Gerald Wamala
- Initiated the Mulajje Sikyomu Post Test Club a community-based organization that works in Bamunanika Sub-County reaching out to schools with messages of abstinence and behavior change among youth and career guidance
- Conducted guidance activities hence built resilience of over 250 orphans and vulnerable children.
- Prepared and presented an issue paper on HIV/AIDS and consequently engaged in the development of Caritas Kasanaensis’ (Diocesan Development arm) strategic plan for the next five years (2009 – 2013).
- Participated in the national data collection process in Luweero district about OVC service delivery that led to the development of quality service standards.
- Distributed Income Generating Projects among 100 HIV/AIDS affected households thus improved their income earnings in Luweero and Nakasongola districts. Engaged in the development of 3 Child support projects and 2 were fully funded by the Civil Society Fund hence restoring 3000 HIV affected children beneficiaries’ dignity in Nakasongola district..
Engaged in the development of 6 projects hence restored hope among; Orphans and other vulnerable children who are abused across 3 civic districts of Luweero, Nakasongola, and Nakaseke. This led to improved livelihoods of over 2500 affected households.
CEO MR DEO SSEKANDI
He is himself a Cerebral Palsy Victim, he is one of the founders of CPARO. In the photo, he was receiving the QUEEN’S YOUNG LEADERS AWARD From Her Margesty Queen Elizabeth of England.